Introducing the Slate Roof Press Glass Prize for an original broadside!
Slate Roof Press is delighted to announce its first poetry broadside contest. Two poems will be selected, one drawn from local contestants living in either Franklin or Hampshire county in Massachusetts; and the other drawn from contestants across the United States. Each contest winner will each receive the Glass Prize of $250, and each poem will be printed in a beautiful limited letterpress edition of 100 numbered and signed copies. We will sponsor a reading for the local winner, and also record readings of both winners to be posted on Facebook and other venues.
Winners receive 10 author copies of their broadside; copyright reverts to the author after 1 year.
1. All entrants must state the city and state where they currently live. Any submission not including city and state will be disqualified and the money not refunded. No international submissions will be considered.
2. Your submission must include the following :
- A maximum of 3 poems, each no more than 30 lines long. Upload all 3 poems as one document. Poems should be written using 12 pt.Times (or equivalent), 8.5 x 11 paper, 1” margins. No identifying information on any pages. Pdf format strongly preferred; .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf acceptable. Title your file with the name of the first poem.
- A separate cover letter including the title of your submission, your name and address, telephone number, email address, and a short bio. Paste the cover sheet into the “cover letter” text box.
- All poems must be unpublished, including self-publication.
3. Submit $10 reading fee, payable via credit card. All entries will be considered complete once payment is received. The winning poems will be chosen by the press via a blind review. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify us immediately if any of your poems are accepted elsewhere. For additional information on Slate Roof Press, visit: www.slateroofpress.com, or email us at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission: June 15, 2019